Wednesday 24 January 2024

MY EXPERIENCE AS ART TEACHER

I am Wesley Otieno a 20 years old visual and digital art artist. I started drawing when I was young. When I got to class 3, I learned how to draw from observation and mostly I drew characters from the text book and comic books. I use art to express moods, feelings, emotions or even making stories.


I am specialized in doing cubism art that help me show different feelings, moods and emotion. Besides cubism art, I also know other types of art like landscapes, portraits using different mediums like charcoal, paints (oil or acrylic and water colours), pencils, pens and pastel (soft, oil)

When I finished highschool, I already knew how to draw and also came up with my own art ideas concerning cubism art and other types of art. I also started helping others nature their talents . Month later, I joined an organization called 'Future Within' with Calvin Juma has the founder. I helped them teach their kids how to draw and share some ideas I have concerning art.

My experience with the kids have been good because the kids are improving on their skills and they are so happy that they can draw.

My goal is to help upcoming artist and children to discover their talent and to perfect on my skills so that I can help the upcoming artist to come up with their own ideas. 

My experience with the kids have been good, the kids are improving on their skills and they are also happy that they can also draw.

I would like to thank our project manager Luca Luigi Aschieri from Italy for supporting our kids from the start and giving them a chance to nature their talents. God bless you and your family. I appreciate you for supporting us, thank you very much.

2 comments:

  1. Bless you, Wesley, for using your talent to teach in this selfless way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wesley,
    I'm glad you helped us teach the art of drawing to the children of Kibera.
    I think that art is a fundamental aspect of our life, one of those that makes us truly human. Living without an artistic sensibility, or without being able to express it in some way, is like being illiterate, as if we are missing something.
    I hope to get to know you better, I hope you are happy with us.
    Luca

    ReplyDelete

My Experience with Art

 My name is Bryton Omondi. I am 13, years old in Kibera slums Nairobi. I am so passionate in drawing. I am confident to say that all my skil...