Wednesday 24 January 2024

ABOUT THE ART PROJECT

Hi folks,  

my name is Mercyline Adhiambo I am 17 years old; I live in  slums together with my family. The art project has been helpful to me. I didn't know more about art as much as I know  now. I believe that art is not being the first but having fun. I have been having so much fan when drawing which has help me to cope with my daily challenges and forget about stress in my life. 




In this desperate world, these days its so hard to find people who can support talents especially arts. This is why I am so grateful to have the opportunity to learn more given that there are still few people who hope for a better world and decided to support us in  this project. I feel so much comfortable being able to express my emotions when drawing than speaking my problems by word of mouth.
My wish is that this project could grow big and help inspire change not only in lives of children kibera, but also across the world.
Please follow and join us in this artistic project so we can build a better world together.
Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Merceline,
    I am happy that the art workshop in Kibera was beautiful and I hope that it continues to be a useful initiative.
    I'm sorry that your sisters Mary and Catherine, and your brother Samuel, will no longer be able to come. Give them my regards and give them courage because I want them to continue making progress!
    When this laboratory was born, I couldn't even know how it would evolve.
    We have a lot to thank Calvin and Florence and you students.
    Without the availability and mutual trust, that could be created with Calvin and Florence, we would not have been able to do anything.
    I want to underline that if the project continues to grow, it will also be thanks to you kids. Thanks to your commitment, thanks to your ideas and your advice.

    Marceline, what I would like to do is precisely this: that the project can grow throughout the world.
    This probably can only be achieved if:
    1) we will be able to create a network of acquaintances (friendships) with valuable people like Calvin and Florence
    2) we will be able to effectively promote our message, and the value of this project.
    3) we will be able to understand what is really important to do and teach.

    Although it may seem strange to you, there are many people in the world who would like to help others. I think that what is really missing is trust.
    The trust that our efforts are well spent, the trust that what you do actually serves good purpose, the trust that no one is taking unfair advantage of it.

    We all would like a better world, many of us have lost faith that this is possible. Others have decided it's not worth the effort. Others have hope but not the strength to try. Others still don't know how...
    I believe that we have to try, and improve as we try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is one last thing I would like to tell you. I am convinced that there are truly many young people in the world who would like to join together to make courageous projects. The difficulty is to find each other, gather strength together, network, and start.
    Women in these latest generations are doing so much all over the world, and they need to strengthen each other even more than us males. The future will probably change thanks to you women.
    Luca Luigi Aschieri

    ReplyDelete

My Experience with Art

 My name is Bryton Omondi. I am 13, years old in Kibera slums Nairobi. I am so passionate in drawing. I am confident to say that all my skil...