Sunday 4 February 2024

OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS ONLY ONCE

 Hey guys, my name is Winnie Achieng.

I'm 13 years old. I live with my family in the slum of Kibera and I am in grade seven.


I joined this project not so long ago and already excited about the results. This project has helped me gain the talent of drawing, boost my self-esteem and communication skills.

Before joining this project, I was bored at home, left with nothing to do. I had the passion to draw at a very young age, but did not have a place where I could express my skills and perfect my ideas.

I am so much grateful to have this opportunity in my life and will give the best as much as I can.

I am very fortunate to be among young girls benefitting from this project. I pray that you may continue encouraging and supporting us to be the best version of ourselves.

These days, it is not easy to find people who belive in young generation and are willing to support and appreciate their effort. May this project grows big and become a great project for us and that changes lives.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Winnie, I'm very happy that you're enjoying this initiative of ours so much and it's proving useful.
    I sincerely hope that this project can be useful to you, not only artistically but also in your personal growth and through good friendships.
    For me too it is a unique opportunity to get to know all of you and collaborate with Calvin. And I'm so glad I didn't miss out! I'm just sorry I'm not able to do more at the moment.
    I trust that the fundraising project can help us grow! 🙂❤️
    I believe that in truth there are many people who would like to be able to help young people in difficulty. However, there are some difficulties related to both trust and knowledge.
    It seems absurd, but often even helping can be difficult.

    ReplyDelete

My Experience with Art

 My name is Bryton Omondi. I am 13, years old in Kibera slums Nairobi. I am so passionate in drawing. I am confident to say that all my skil...