Wednesday 24 January 2024

MY LIFE EXPERIENCE WITH ART

  My name is Devilon Junior Omondi . I was born in 2008 November 20th. I live  in Kibera slum . I started drawing when I was Grade three . Everyday I was drawing and giving to my teacher but sometime I could not draw because I did not have materials and someone to help me with materials . When I joined Calvin program and I started perfecting my skills .

 When I was in the  program I learn new things that I did not know . When I saw the place was perfect I invited my friends who had the same skills like me and others. As time went by we were many and the place was too small  to host us . So Calvin and I sat down and came up with an idea of renting a room.


 Now we have a room  and the number of children is getting bigger and bigger every single day . We are so thankful and grateful . I know that you are God sent and do not stop the good job that you are doing and God will bless you more and more.



 When I grow up I would like to empower children who have the skills of drawing and others just like you empower me . THANK YOU CALVIN AND LUCA FOR SURPORTING ME AND OTHER CHILDREN GOD BLESS YOU. MARY CHRISMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy seeing your art! I am so happy you have a safe place to create and share your talent and great people to support and encourage you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Junior I also wondered what brought us together. I call it destiny.
    I believe we all feel the need to help others, and each of us perhaps has a greater sensitivity towards someones than others.
    I have always had the desire to be able to help children who grow up in difficult situations. However, I am not a rich person here in Italy, as a family we must be careful not to exaggerate with expenses, so as not to risk finding ourselves in difficulty in the most bad periods. We have a work situation that for now ensures the possibility of living well, but the crisis is strong in Italy too.

    Why do I like helping children? Because each of us can become a special person, and the world becomes a better place thanks to those who believe in their own value. Every child is like a treasure. A treasure that can be lost or a treasure that will manage to grow and give the world all its beauty.

    It may seem strange to you, but it is not so easy to help someone, because to do so you need mutual trust.
    And this trust must be cultivated on both sides.
    You can never truly help someone who doesn't trust you, and you can never help a person you don't know.
    And vice versa, if those who try to help cannot trust others, then their help will never be effective and they will never find the satisfaction they deserve.

    I've said all this just to say that helping should never be a one-way street.
    I believe that helping means helping each other to be better people. Help each other give the best of what they can be and the best they can become.

    As we grow up we find ourselves facing the question that has afflicted every people and every person: what is the meaning of our life?
    I think that the meaning and challenge of our life is to become the best possible version of ourselves, and to help others to become so.
    Luca Luigi Aschieri

    ReplyDelete

My Experience with Art

 My name is Bryton Omondi. I am 13, years old in Kibera slums Nairobi. I am so passionate in drawing. I am confident to say that all my skil...